Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest Designer Martica!

I am so honored to present this month's Designer!  She is marvelously talented and flexible in her approach, no matter what she does the results are AMAZING!

A little background....I asked her to take my sewing machine album, put her artistic talents to work.  I sent her a mixed bag of stuff with the instructions to use ANY or NONE of it.

I love her work, her sweet spirit, her kind nature and ANYthing she makes!

I'm thrilled to Introduce: Martica!

****
Hi my name is Martica I have been happily married for 31 years and have 2 adult sons and one grandson. I live in sunny Florida and enjoy the beach and bike riding with hubby. I have always been creating since I was a child from drawing to crochet and cross stitching. I started with different mediums but when I tried scrapbooking in 1982 I did it because my 1st son was born and took 100's of pictures that I had no idea what to do with them. I used colored pencils and drew my own designs in album. I continued scrapbooking when my 2nd son was born but I stopped a few years later. Then my grandson was born in 2005 and I decided to start the hobby again I was so surprised to see what awesome stuff was out there for scrapbooking that I dove in heads first. I have not stopped since. I started out doing layouts, then creating mini albums and now I also alter and do mixed media.
****






AND, Martica altered a cigar box for the Sewing Machine Album....here is a sneak peak:



Beautiful work!!

Thank you Martica!

****
More from Martica:
My favorite style is shabby chic, vintage and victorien but I do enjoy trying different styles and ideas. Usually a paperline or a particular color/s inspire me to create. I can be watching t.v. and suddenly an idea will pop into my head and I would drop everything and start creating. When I start I have a general idea of what I want to do, then as I go along ideas will come to me and I continue creating.
I want to thank Melissa for inviting me to be a guest designer, I am very honored. She is a very talented artist so when she asked me I could not believe it. She designed a cool vintage sewing machine chipboard album that is awesome. I had to give it a try, it was so much fun to alter. It brought back memories of when my mother would sew for my sisters and I in the 60's. I went and did a retro theme style on album. I added lots of tags, buttons, trims, ribbon and even a little fabric, some which were included in kit that Melissa sent me. I then decided to add a (cigar box) to stand album on, that you have got to see. I will be posting pictures in my blog, marticadesigns.blogspot.com and a video in my YT channel soon. Thanks again Melissa and thanks to everyone for visiting..
****
 Don't you LOVE her style?!?

Be sure to drop by her lovely blog: marticadesigns.blogspot.com

And, Click here for Martica's YouTube channel where she will be posting the sewing machine album and her Altered Cigar Box.
And if you would like to purchase the Sewing Machine Album leave a comment or go to my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/listing/104104290/bare-raw-chipboard-sewing-machine-mini

4 comments:

  1. Nice job!!! I might have to steal a quote or 2. I am working on 'sewing' themed frames for my cousins whose mother, my mom's sister, could sew anything...and without a pattern! I saw her do it as a child many times. She was like Cinderella's Fairy God Mother. She designed and made her own wedding dress with about 30 buttons down the back with loops. Thanks for sharing...now to check out Martica's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Love the altered cigar box too. Can't wait to get my album and see what I can do with it! Well done, Melissa and Martica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren make sure to let us know I would love to see what you do.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa thanks for inviting me to be a guest designer in your blog I am so honored....

    ReplyDelete