Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Lovely Wednesday Morning

Hubby and I met my parents for breakfast this morning. It was such a great way to start the day! Hubby headed off to work and my parents and I took off for the Thrift stores. The first one didn't have anything new but I nabbed a restaurant style pizza pan.

At the second store, mom handled me a Tall Vintage White Enamel Pitcher. It was beautifully chipped and had just been put on the $1.97 aisle...it became mine!
Soon as we got home I went out back to clip a few stalks off the Red Tip Photenias. Then I remembered a big tray from the flea market a couple years ago, so it was turned upside down and the pitcher looks crisp and uncluttered on the table alone. I love that sparser look, it balances the clutter on the piano (see last entry).



On that same aisle there was a large old plater with scalloped edges. The transfer wear was missing in a few places but it was just what I was looking for to use over the Holidays when I need that extra platter for serving.



2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie! It's Deb from Gazebo. I love the pitcher and would like to use the photo in a blog I am creating. Of course, I would link to your blog or wherever you would like me to link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I throughly enjoyed your blog! I like the crate turned over. cherry

    ReplyDelete