Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And the Moral to your Reality?

Hi All!

We are approaching the Dog Dayz of Summer here in North Texas. August usually lasts forever...or so it seems. I stay inside and pretend I am snowed in from a blizzard...I'll even pull out the tea pot and make hot blueberry tea and plan Holiday decor and meals.

So I asked the Mental Health Expert, my hubby, if it's OK to live in Denial pretending I'm snowed in during August or until the weather cools.

Yes, that's fine, he says, as long as the little white dog next door isn't talking to you you're fine.

Uh oh...I say, But she is.

He looks at me with that 'I can read your mind' look and says.

Do you talk back to it?

Yes, when I am hanging the clothes on the line I do.

I think you are OK, then he adds, as long as it doesn't tell you to kill people.

Heavens No! She has never said anything like that! Gosh, I would NOT talk to her if she did, ya know?

He starts to leave the room then turns back...What does that little white dog next door say?

Nothing important,we just chat...but she did tell me I should hit the sale at the fabric store and buy all the fabrics and embroidery threads I want.

Aaah....you're fine then, nothing wrong with talking to that dog. Did you tell it you already bought lots of fabric and embroidery thread, remember last Saturday when I took you to breakfast and we walked to the fabric store?

I remember breakfast...but that was three weeks ago!

Yes, and what have you made with your new fabric and threads?

*sigh*

Thought so, he said.

The Gall of that man!

And then he gave me that 'Look' again.

But I have those new shelves that will look so pretty with the folded fabrics in stacks...all in the color of our decor.

Isn't that what makes going to the fabric store so much fun, he slyly inquires.

Oh, Yes! I exclaim.

Well, if you bring all that fabric home then you will eliminate a source of fun, a reason to get out of the house and then you'll feel trapped by all the projects you MUST get done to relieve yourself from all the guilt. I just don't think that is healthy for you.

But talking to the little white dog next door is?

As long as it doesn't tell you to kill people, etc, it's fine, he says as he takes my debit card out of the little woven cozy where it lives with my insurance card, driver's license and cell phone.

BEAST!

Moral to the story...don't tell your hard working hubby the little dog next door tells you to buy fabric! BUY the fabric FIRST, then you can BLAME it on the little white dog next door!

Can't believe I even told him what she said...

No comments:

Post a Comment