Saturday, August 23, 2008

Repurposed and PINK!


You know that GREEN Recycle phrase.....Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? Well I have one more word for the phrase: Repurpose!

With FALL in the air it is the perfect time to whip up your own Vanilla Latte and go Garage Saling! The money you save by making you own latte will buy your bread box!
Enjoying the cool breeze, clear blue skies, beautiful turning leaves, make it worth the gas.

Look for a roll top bread box. Take it home, wipe it down, lightly sand it, wipe it down again, then prime with spray primer, inside and out.

Pick a color and paint! I distressed mine, lightly sanded so some of the pink would be lighter in areas.



There are SO MANY ways to paint and pretty up a bread box!

I can paint, so Roses went on mine.



Yoou can use Decals, Stencils, make a Plaid or Polk Dot design, Stripes, sponge on Checks...OR...add those fabulous appliqués. You can leave it white and Antique It, paint it Black and Reverse Antique with a Copper or Gold antique wash. Make it Masculine or Feminine. The options are endless and you'll want to decorate a thousand of them as GIFTS for the Holidays!

Here's mine, I use it different places around the house. I particularly like it with an vignette inside like this.


It makes a nice display for this table but I also like placing it on a library or sofa table and using it as a roll top desk. I keep old letters from special people in it with a demitasse cup for coffee as you can see. Use it in the bathroom for your bath beads and finer soaps. Put it in a guest room over the Holidays and put a tea pot and a basket of teas and snacks inside.

I hope you liked my idea for making your own Pink Saturday Lovely!

Kindest regards,
Melissa


20 comments:

  1. That is BEAUTIFUL and I love your painted roses on it. It makes a great display area.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Recycling is great and look at what you made! Great PINK post!

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...so very pretty. I am also a rose painter. Love how you used your bread box as a vinette holder. I think us painters were green before it was a term!

    Happy Pink...Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I always enjoy seeing your painted roses and other projects. You have a great eye for beauty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You transformed a bread box into a treasure. Love it!
    Blessings, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Melissa. And, Happy Pink Saturday.

    You did the Earth a favor by refurbishing this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty painting, thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roses you painted on the bread box are gorgeous. What a lovely job you did. I so wish I could paint like that.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, I love your pink breadbox you painted! I have been looking for one to do pink china mosaic on it. I love your hand painted roses!
    Thanks for sharing on Pink Satuarday!
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful job you did on the breadbox.
    You roses turned out so beautiful!
    My roses were always acceptable but not quite as stunning as yours.
    Thanks for sharing,Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly CAN paint! I love your bread box. That would fetch a pretty penny on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great idea and your bread box turned out so nice. I really would like to find one, paint it black, distress it and use it for??? a Breadbox!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Your pictures are so cute

    have a nice pink weekend!

    visit me anytime....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are right-You can paint! Beautiful bread box and what fun ideas to repurpose it! I will never look at a bread box the same way again. Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bread box turned out really pretty. I really like the idea of using it as a little roll top desk. I'll have to keep my eye out for one now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bread box you painted is so cute!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    Besitos from Argentina!!!

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pink bread box! It's beautiful. It is so fun to Repurpose something, isn't it? I find it very rewarding especially when I get the results I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to give new life to something.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea! What a beautiful way to store things, and that shade of *pink* is so very lovely! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know how much I love your bread box, Melissa!!!
    Your home is so very beautiful!!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete